About ECIC | ECIC Rationale
To facilitate and encourage South African export trade by underwriting export credit loans and investments outside the country, in order to enable South African contractors to win capital goods and services' contracts in other countries.
To support this mission the ECIC:
- Evaluates export credit and foreign investment risks and provides export credit and foreign investment cover on behalf of the Government.
- Focuses on underwriting of medium and long-term loans and equity investments for the export of capital goods and services from South Africa.
- Extends its services as far as it can, consistent with preserving the financial viability essential to its long-term support of capital goods and services.
- Provides sound and efficient financial services that contribute to public confidence and comply with international standards. Through its mission, the Corporation is committed to reaching the strategic goals of the Government, namely:
- Acceleration of economic growth
- Creation and preservation of employment opportunities
- Reduction of economic inequalities
To be at the leading edge of medium/long term export credit and investment insurance business, with specific focus on project finance underwriting, customer needs, and prudent portfolio and risk management.
- Country: South Africa
- Tel: +27 12 471 3800
- Fax: +27 12 471 3850